Insurance is optional
• Employer: UAE nationals owning a business or performing an activity that he or she considers as a profession and which employs workers.
• Self employed: UAE nationals who practice a commercial, industrial or agricultural activity; which the law requires him or her to register in the commercial register or any other applicable official record.
• Professional: UAE nationals whose profession relies upon their expertise such as doctors, engineers, accountants and the like and any other profession that requires issue of a license from a specialized body.
- Age range between (21) and (55) years.
- Not to be registered with the employer.
- Not to be a retirement pensioner.
The contributions for the above mentioned categories are calculated according to their income bracket and the contribution percentage as specified in the tables below:
Percentage of Monthly Contributions Per Age Group
|25%||From 46 - 50 years old ||6||20%||From 21 - 25 years old ||1|
|26%||From 51 - 55 years old ||7||21%||From 26 - 30 years old ||2|
|27%||From 56 - 60 years old ||8||22%||From 21 - 25 years old ||3|
|30%||From 61 - 65 years old ||9||23%||From 31 - 35 years old ||4|
|-----------||-----------||-||24%||From 36 - 40 years old ||5|
The insured may request an amendment to the monthly income bracket in order to move to the direct next higher bracket provided that he/she spends 5 years in the same income bracket if he/she is 50 years old and 3 years if he/she is less than that age.
1. If the insured reaches the age of 65 and completes a minimum of 20 years’ service; even if he/she is still carrying on their activities.
2. If the insured became disabled and could not fully perform his/her activity subject to the medical committee confirming the disability.
3. In the event of death, the pension is paid to beneficiaries in accordance with the provisions of the law.
End of Service Gratuity Entitlement:
The insured receives this if he/she is not entitled to a pension salary and provided that the period of service is not less than one year. The gratuity is calculated as follows:
The salary of one month and a half for each year of participation for the first five years.
The salary of two months for each year of participation for the following five years.
The salary of three months for each additional year.
Pension and Gratuity Calculations:
Income segments average for the last five years of service or the entire service years if it was less than five years.